Monday, November 29, 2010

How Are You Going?

That's Australian for "how are you doing?" We are currently on Bondi Beach in Sydney and it is gorgeous here! When we got here, the weather was amazing and we went to the beach and got lots of sun. It is summertime here, which has been the best part. Today and yesterday have cooled off a bit but we are still enjoying ourselves.

Friday, we layed out at the beach as soon as we arrived in Sydney. Later that night, Jason and  I met up with one of my mates, Nick. We went to Opera Bar, which has such a fabulous view of Sydney. It was a great day!



Saturday, Jason and I went to the beach all day. We watched the surfers and enjoyed the sun. We had a lazy night and just went to dinner and came back to the room to watch TV and get some R&R. With our hectic schedule, Lord knows we need it!



Yesterday (Sunday), Jason and I ran the Bondi Cliff Walk towards Coogee Beach. What a spectacular view! It reminded me of Positano, Italy in some ways! The cliffs were amazing and it was so awesome to watch the surfers while running. It was seriously my favorite run to date, minus all the stairs! Running with Jason is no easy task, by the way. Must be my short legs. Haha! Afterwards, we ate lunch and walked around the market in Bondi. Then, we were off to dinner and then took some pictures of the sunset on the beach. It was such a lovely day!




I now realize why Bondi is the most famous beach in Australia. I don't want to leave! Cheers!

Some of the phrases here just crack me up. Some of my favorites are:
1. Being pissed- meaning drunk, not angry
2. Ranga- meaning a ginger (or redhead) *insert joke about me here*
3. Mateship- used instead of the word friendship
4. Wanker- an insult similar to the word douchebag

No comments:

Post a Comment