Thursday, November 18, 2010

Passports

A couple of months ago, being the good housewife that I am, I washed and dried Jason's passport while doing laundry just two days before we were leaving the country on a business trip. The poor thing did not make it and I began to freak out. Jason and I headed over to the US Embassy where they issued him a temporary passport for our trip. When we got back, his new one was waiting for him.

This past Tuesday, I went back to the Embassy because I had to have pages added to my passport. Before meeting Jason, I had 3 measly stamps. That just goes to show how much we really travel. I am picking up my passport today. It is usually a one day service but yesterday was a public holiday. Talk about efficient!

Which begs the question... why does it take so long to get a passport back home? I realize that services in other countries need to be pretty quick because we are visiting those countries, but why can't they be so quick at home too? Moral of the story: I'm going to try to get all my passport stuff done (i.e. changing my name in June) outside of the US. For now, I'm going to see how many more stamps I can rack up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment