Monday, November 1, 2010

Asian Shirley Temples

This weekend, I spent time with some of our Thai friends. While Jason was working on Friday, they took me to see my wedding dress (which is being made). After we went to the dressmaker, we went to lunch at the country club where they belong. Chum is in his 70s and Ann is in her late 60s but we have a blast when we are together. While ordering drinks, Ann ordered a Shirley Temple (sprite and grenadine mix) and told me that I must try one. Although I've had them several times before, I figured why not and happily ordered one too. While we were sipping on them, I mentioned to Ann that Shirley Temple was my favorite little actress when I was a kid. This led us into a whole discussion about Shirley Temple. The part of the conversation that really got me was when when they started to argue which one of their cousins looked "exactly" like her. I wanted to break up the fight and tell them that I'm pretty sure it was neither of them, but I just didn't have the heart. It's the little moments like these that make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment