Monday, November 15, 2010

中國

The past 5 days we were in China. Due to internet restrictions in China, I did not have access to Facebook or my blog. Therefore, I had no communication with the outside world, being that I don't have a phone. It sure does make me grateful to come home. We did have a blast though! I will try to upload some pictures tomorrow.

For now, here are my keywords that describe Shanghai, China:

1. Honking- Everyone who drives in China honks their horns nonstop, even at red lights. They have no patience when driving and it was driving me crazy!

2. Busy- Being that there are 22 million people in Shanghai, there were tons of people everywhere... especially in traffic.

3. Shopping- I spent wayyy too much money but it was totally worth it and I had so much fun and got some pretty neat Christmas presents.

4. Party- They sure do know how to party in Shanghai. We only went out one night but we had a total blast. Just can't seem to keep up anymore.

5. Stinky- Me and my darn nose. I can't stand "different" smells. I knew it was pretty bad when Jason actually agreed with me.

6. Vegetarian- Definitely did not eat any meat outside of the hotel. They serve some extremely odd dishes and I am a wimp.

7. Massage- We get one in pretty much every country but they never get old!

8. Cold- Compared to Singapore, it was pretty chilly! It always stinks to go from a hot climate to a cold one.

9. Train- We rode the fastest train in the world called the Shanghai Maglev. We reached a top speed of 300km/hour which is 186.4114 miles/hour. We reached our destination in 8 1/2 minutes, which was pretty cool.

10. Garden- We went to the prettiest garden I have ever been to- the Yu Garden. I will definitely post pictures of this!

11. Food- We went to two dinners in one night because we were invited to two soft openings. The food and drinks were amazing at every restaurant that we went to (not just the two we went to in one night). So lucky to have such great company too! ;)

12. Smoke- I think Jason and I are the only ones in China that don't smoke. They can smoke anywhere. Some weird places were- elevators, malls, grocery stores, and nail salons. Ewwww

13. Language- This was the first place we've been where I was actually afraid to go out during the day by myself in fear that I couldn't make it back to the hotel. Not many cabbies (or other people for that matter) speak English. Thank God the hotel had a card with their name and address written in Chinese that I carried around.

14. Bund- Pretty neat place that reminded me of Europe smack in the middle of Shanghai. By far the best view we've seen of Shanghai! If you don't know what it is, look here.

15. Tired- After all of the above and then some, this is the conclusion of our trip. Totally worth it!

Pics to come soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment