Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Drive Me Crazy


We are in Australia... and do you know what that means? We drive on the opposite side of the road.

Jason and I rented a car, as we did last time we were in Geelong, and drove the Great Ocean Road. This time it was much more pleasant since it was in the 70s and sunny this weekend.

Jason asked me if I wanted to drive. Of course, I couldn't say no and we quickly changed seats. Not only was I driving on the opposite side of the road, but we were on the Great Ocean Road, which is super windy and steep. It was a little nerve wracking at first but I soon got the hang of it. Jason swears that driving here is completely opposite because (and I quote) "You actually drive really good here." If I heard him say that back at home, I would drop dead from a heart attack.

The hardest thing to get used to is the turn signal. Just ask Jason. Everytime he is driving and wants to turn, his windshield wipers go off. Not that I am counting, but this has already occurred 7 times. Sorry to call you out, babe... just sayin'. ;)


Not a bad view, eh? Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment