Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful


Well, it is officially Thanksgiving here in Australia.

Last night we went to dinner with some friends. One of them was asking Jason all about Thanksgiving and why it was celebrated and what it was like. Boy did it make me miss home. Then today, my bff Christina send me the.sweetest.facebook.message.ever! Totally turned on the waterworks! So now, I am sitting here in the hotel, feeling the most homesick I have felt since we've been gone... missing family, home, the holiday spirit, the turkey, the Thanksgiving Day parade, a warm fire, and the wonderful aromas of wayy too much food overlooking the beautiful Lake Burton.

But, even though I am missing home, I am so thankful to be where I am today, with the man that I love. I am blessed beyond description and thank God everyday for what HE has given me. Although I am super sad to be missing Thanksgiving with my family (for the first time ever!), I am so thankful to be spending it with Jason and to have had the opportunity to travel the world with him. I truly am one blessed girl!

So, as you sit down with your family and friends this year, make sure to count your blessings. Because you never know what the next year will bring. I would have never thought at this time last year that I would be with the man of my dreams a world away. So make sure to live, laugh and love... and eat a whole lot of turkey for me!

I hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving and know that we miss all of our friends and family dearly. We love you guys! I am so thankful to have you in my life and can't wait to see you all at Christmas! And now the countdown begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment