Friday, November 5, 2010

Elephant Sanctuary in Thailand

Jason and I had the wonderful opportunity to visit the Elephant Sanctuary while we were in Thailand. It is located near the water market, over an hour outside of Bangkok, which we had visited on a previous trip. I believe that both of these are MUST-DOs if you ever visit Thailand. We LOVED it! Just ask Jason, I couldn't stop squealing from excitement.

When we first arrived, I immediately got excited as soon as I smelled the elephant poop. I know that sounds crazy, but this also happened to my Mom while we were visiting the Colosseum in Rome when she smelled the "lion" poop (but that's a whole other story!).

We walked into the Sanctuary area and were immediately asked if we wanted to ride an elephant. Of course, I said yes before Jason even had a moment to get out of the car. We paid for our ride and walked up the tower that we stood on, waiting for our elephant. As soon as I saw that pretty girl, I was beside myself. Jason got on first, helped me on and off we went.


While we were on our way, our guide hopped off and took some pics of us (for a minimal fee, of course!).


I felt like we were on a safari! Everything was super green- even the water.


My favorite part, was when we went into the water. I am so glad I didn't lose my camera or fall into the gross water. When she was walking into the water, I was pretty sure one of these two scenarios was going to happen, since we were really wobbly. I love the picture of her breathing out of her trunk. So awesome!


Can you tell how excited I was?


Unfortunately, the ride had to end and we said goodbye!


After our elephant ride, we walked across the street to see the other elephants. As soon as I walked in, I fell in love with the 2 month old baby elephant. When I say in love, I mean in love when it wasn't near me. Jason took some pictures of me in front of the baby elephant and captured me being goosed by it. The pictures pretty much say it all.



Overall, I would do it again in a heartbeat.

The end.


No comments:

Post a Comment