Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Dear Ikea Austria,

Please get a translate button on your website!

Here is my convo with a chat operator from the Ikea U.K. site.

Per your request, here is a complete transcript of your chat conversation with operator Julie, held on 09/11/2010 from 13:11:52 to 13:47:42.

Hi, thanks for contacting IKEA! My name is Julie, how can I help?.

20:13 My husband and I live in Singapore but we are moving to Salzburg, Austria. We need to purchase all of our furniture. I looked at the website in Salzburg, but it is only in German. Is the UK website the same or is there any way the website can translate to English?

12:17 Sorry but the Austrian site does not transalte to english.

20:18 So how would I go about ordering items for Austria? Are the items on the UK site the same or similar?

20:31 hello?

20:40 ok, this stinks

12:41 What are you wanting to know
(umm... maybe the last two questions I just asked)

20:41 So how would I go about ordering items for Austria? Are the items on the UK site the same or similar?

12:42 I cannot advise on other web sites we only deal with the U.K

20:42 how long does it take to deliver and would you all deliver to austria?

12:42 And as I advised the product are usually the same around the world jus
(Ummm you didn't advise anything...)

20:43 how long does it take to deliver and would you all deliver to austria?

12:44 No if you want delivery to Austria you need to order on there web site
(it's spelled *their, fyi)

20:44 can you read german and translate for us?

12:45 No sorry
(then how do you expect us to do it?!)

20:45 How long does it take to deliver on average if you order from the website?

12:46 On the U.K site it is 7 to 10 days

20:46 ok thank you
(for nothing!)




Well, this should be fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment