Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Puzzling

No, this is not a picture of good ol' Atlanta traffic (which I do NOT miss, by the way!). This is how people park in Bangkok, Thailand. It looks like a mess, I know! This goes along with all the other road rules in Asia- there are none.

In Bangkok, if a parking lot is full, people just go ahead and park in it anyway. As you can see from the picture, people park behind cars and block them in. But don't you fret! The cars that are parked behind others are in neutral so if you want to get out of your space, you can roll the car away from behind your car. I'm sure it gets more complicated if there are cars parked in front of and behind the car you are trying to move. To me, this sounds like a terrible version of one of the sliding block puzzles but hey, to each his own I suppose. Things like this make me happy that I don't have to drive here.

No comments:

Post a Comment