Tuesday, August 10, 2010

26


When I was a little girl, my parents friends had a daughter (this is not a silly word game, I swear) who was 26 that I looked up to. I was probably about 11 or so at the time. I remember thinking, "Wow, she is so grown up and sophisticated. I can't wait to be like her." She would take me out with her for a girls day and I remember that once she went tanning while I was with her and I couldn't wait until I was old enough to go into a tanning salon to tan. She was a single girl at the time. I remember our parents would talk and try to set her up with someone because her clock was ticking. I am sure that all of this was in my own imagination, but that's always what I thought 26 was like.

Well, I finally reached 26, the age I always dreamed of. This past year has brought me more blessings and opportunities than I could have ever imagined. For me, 25 was the best year of my life... and I just KNOW that 26 will be even better. This is the year that I am marrying the man of my dreams. This is the year that we move to Europe and settle down. This is the year that my dreams come true. So when people say that birthdays after 21 aren't fun and you don't look forward to anything, they are very wrong. Life doesn't get much better than this and with each year comes new adventures and experiences and we can't get there without moving forward. So here's to a new year and a new age for me. I can't wait to see what else is in store. Happy birthday to me! Cheers!

1 comment: