Monday, September 27, 2010

Penang, Malaysia- Round 2

This weekend was the second time Jason and I have been to Penang. This time was better than our first. Not only did I not get attacked by monkeys (go me!), the weather was great and I had great company (as always).

Thursday, Jason and I laid out at the pool for a couple of hours after we arrived. That is until he had to get back to work. Good thing we bought sunscreen when we got there because we would have fried otherwise, even though we were only out there for less than two hours. Then Friday night we stayed in our hotel and watched a great band and danced the night away. It was super fun! P.S. We stayed at The Hard Rock Hotel in Penang. Here is where I spent most of our stay:


Friday, I laid out at the pool until noon, when it began to rain. Of course, I go in and shower, get ready, and head out of the hotel and am greeted by the beautiful sunshine. I took that as a sign that I needed to go in and get ready to get a massage. So I walked down the road to a massage place and got a full body massage and an ear candling. I love how everything is so cheap in Malaysia! For those that don't know, ear candling is when they take a hollow candle and put one end in your ear and light the other end to clean out the ear wax. I've heard that it isn't really affective but I swear it worked on me. The guy even pulled it apart to show me. Sorry if that grosses you out. I was super nervous that he would burn my hair. All I kept thinking is "I hope he doesn't burn my hair and ruin it for our wedding." I swear I'm not a bridezilla. Not sure if I'll do it again, I think I'll stick to cleaning my own ears.


Saturday, Jason, Mike (Jason's co-worker), and I went on an excursion to Turtle Beach and Monkey Beach. We went to the turtle hatchery and saw the cutest little baby turtles. Afterwards, we went to Monkey Beach where we got to feed the monkeys. After my last encounter with monkeys, I was quite hesitant about being near them. It didn't last long though and I couldn't stop feeding them. I've decided that they only like me when I am feeding them. I am ok with this.



When I am not feeding them, this is the face they give me...


Sunday, Jason and I slept in and checked out of our hotel. We rode to the airport and ate lunch before we went our separate ways for this week. I flew back to Singapore (where I am now) and Jason flew to Kuala Lumpur for a business trip. It was the first flight I have flown by myself while we've been over here. This Tuesday I leave Singapore to come home to the U.S. and will fly by myself yet again and Jason will follow a couple days later. I'm really not looking forward to this trip, as it is a 24-hour trip and I will have no phone and a layover in Tokyo and Minneapolis. Hopefully I won't miss my connecting flight in Tokyo like we did on our first trip to Singapore. Well, I am up wayyy past my bedtime. Good night (Good day for you Americans)! See you this week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment