Monday, September 6, 2010

Faistenau Harvest Festival

Yesterday, Jason and I were invited to the Faistenau Harvest Festival here in Austria. We went with one of Jason's co-workers that is an expat in Salzburg and his wife and daughter. There is no way to accurately describe what it was like because it was nothing like anything I have ever seen or experienced. I told Jason that I felt like we were on the set of a movie. Everyone around us were dressed in lederhosen and dirndl, speaking German. We seemed to be the only tourists there. There was plenty of dancing, beer flowing, brats, and Indian leg wrestling. We had a great time. When we move here next year, it looks like I will be getting a nice dirndl for all the festivals they have here. They are so much fun!








No comments:

Post a Comment