Thursday, September 16, 2010

Wedding Dress Drama

Ok, so I am unbelievably pissed off right now. Lucky you, you get to hear my rant about it.

While we were in Thailand in August, I decided to go to a professional taylor and have my wedding dress made. I knew exactly what I wanted and I thought it would be a great way to save some money and truly cherish my dress, because looking back at the pictures will always remind me of our adventures abroad (and where it was made of course).

Five weeks ago, we were back in Bangkok and I had my first fitting. It was not of my actual dress, but of the underneath slip that they wanted to make sure fit my body. The taylor told me that once the slip was fit perfect, they would work on the details and beadwork. He told me that when we come back, he would have the dress made for me to try on and if it fit just right, I could bring it home.

So, I called the guy two days ago (from Singapore) and told him that we will be there in two days for me to try on the dress. He told me that it was not a problem and to call him from our hotel when we wanted to be picked up. So, here we are in Bangkok and I called him yesterday and told him to pick me up at 10am this morning. I was super excited to finally see my dress. But there was one MAJOR problem. The guy sends his driver to pick me up this morning, drives me all the way to his store, and there is no dress. He proceeds to tell me that the dress is more detailed than he thought and it is currently in pieces right now, still being made by his dressmaker. He told me that he did not want to tell me over the phone because he knew I would be upset. YA THINK?? So, not only am I going to have to make ANOTHER trip back to Bangkok, I also won't have the dress to take home with me at the end of this month and now I am worried that it won't turn out right. My original plan was that if I didn't like it, I would go dress shopping when I was back in Altanta and sell the dress that was made for me on ebay or something. Now, I am running out of time. Needless to say, I am completely stressed out. Boy did that guy get an ear full from me. Why the heck wouldn't he have told me before I left is beyond me. Arrrgghhhhh!!

Ok, I feel a little better now... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment