Thursday, May 27, 2010

Werribee Open Range Zoo





We are in AUSTRALIA! We've been here for several days now and it is winter here, yuck! We went from 110 degrees in Singapore to rainy 55 degree weather here. At least I had a nice excuse to go shopping! ;)

Yesterday, I went to the zoo by our hotel. I took 385 pictures... oops! Although I went by myself, I had a ton of fun. The zoo is an open range zoo, which means that all of the animals run around in one big cage. Part of the zoo you take a jeep and go on a safari type ride to see the zebras, giraffes, rhinos and such. The other part of the zoo you can walk through and animals run around right by you. I got chased by an Emu. Go figure! I was the only person in the walking area of the zoo. I didn't have a phone and was praying I wouldn't get eaten, as no one would have known. In case you were wondering, I made it out alive! Pheewwww

My Dad's favorite animal in the whole wide world is the rhinoceros. I took a bunch of pics for you Dad! I'm obviously not going to post all 385 pics that I took, but here are some of my faves! Enjoy!





Here's the Emu that chased me (after he finally turned away!):






















I think he's telling me to kiss it ;)



Our hotel:



View on my walk back to the hotel after leaving the zoo:

1 comment:

  1. you make me laugh Lauren...here you are with lions, rhinos, zebras, monkeys (oh no) and here you are being chased by an emu? you are being chased by "big bird" ? I love your adventurous spirit...that's my girl! What beautiful pictures....

    ReplyDelete