Monday, May 17, 2010

Civil Unrest in Bangkok


Despite all the civil unrest, Jason and I have been in Bangkok since last Thursday. Jason has had several meetings with clients that he had to attend to. I have stayed in the hotel the whole time, since it is safe. A couple of kilometers away, the civil unrest demonstrations are being held. Just since Thursday, 32 people have died and 230 people have been injured. What I'm sure the news has not told you, the demonstrations are in a designated area that is barricaded. We are in a different area of Bangkok, so we are safe. I am very glad that we will be leaving in a couple of hours though. The city that was once prosperous has been like a ghost town since we've been here. There are many military guys walking around the city with M16s, which has definitely frightened me as well as other tourists. Unfortunately, I am sure that things are going to get worse here before they get better. I am glad that we will not be here to see it. Continue to pray for everyone in Thailand, as it is a very scary time for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment