Thursday, May 20, 2010

Attack of the Monkeys

Preface: Jason and I went to Phra Nakhon Khiri Palace in Thailand. Outside of the palace, there is the following warning:



Note #3: Do not tease or provoke the monkeys. They may attack you.

When we first arrived, I took a picture of this warning because I thought it was funny. Cute little monkeys attack sweet little me? Not gonna happen.

As we were walking around, we noticed that monkeys were everywhere. I got very excited because they "were" my favorite animal. Jason was taking a million pictures and I was watching the baby monkeys run around and play. I didn't think I was too close but apparently mama monkey did and she sprinted towards me, showing her teeth. And boy what big, sharp teeth they have! I started to run away, screaming (nearly in tears) because this monkey was trying to attack me. When I though I got far enough away, another money popped out at me and showed it's teeth too. And so it went. I think it was my shiny purse or something but these monkeys did not like me. Just me. They didn't bother Jason or anyone else. Just me. As I was running from the first monkey, a police officer saw me in near hysterics, running for my life, and took his sling shot and started shooting at the monkey, making it leave me alone. He was my good Samaritan of the day and I think he saved my life. Needless to say, I am now deathly afraid of stupid monkeys and they are no longer one of my favorite animals.

Here is a picture of the culprit. Notice the death stare.

No comments:

Post a Comment