Friday, May 21, 2010

Fire!

Last night, as I was dreaming peacefully in our hotel in Sydney, Australia, the fire alarm went off. It happened at around 5am. It took me a minute to figure out what was happening. Jason asked me to turn on the lights, since the switch was by me. Half asleep, I tripped over my luggage, stumbled into the window, and attempted to open the curtains. Even if I did open them, it was still dark out so I am not sure what I was thinking. Anyway, Jason turned the lights on and we rushed to get dressed and to put our shoes on. When I finally figured out what was going on, I was pissed. We walked out of our room and saw some firemen walking in the halls, checking things out, while other hotel guests were hanging out in the hallway. After waiting about 20 minutes, an anouncement finally told us that it was a false alarm. Deep down, I did not really wish for a fire but I was even more upset because some fool pulled the alarm and disturbed my slumber. It took me forever to fall back asleep and by the time I did, I practically had to wake right back up. It's always something, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment