Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Kuala Lumpur (KL), Malaysia

Preface
There is a 12 hour time difference between Atlanta time and Singapore time. We are 12 hours ahead. All times displayed in my blog are in Singapore time, not Atlanta.

Moving on...

We arrived in KL late Sunday night. Jason wakes up early for meetings, so we tend to go to bed pretty early. During the day, Jason is in meetings and I keep myself occupied in the hotel or in the area. People often ask me if I get lonely. To be honest, sometimes I wish I had a friend or someone to experience all these new places with but overall it is nice to be alone, take it all in, and experience the culture. I have read more here than I did in high school and college combined. I love it.

Today was very hot. I went to the pool for 2 hours (I was proud of myself because it was so hot, I wanted to go in well before then) and read. I even saw a gecko by the pool. After I melted, I decided to go to the mall across the street and get my nails done. The malls here (and all throughout Asia) have everything. They have grocery stores, nail salons, gyms, designer stores, fast food, restaurants, pharmacies... the whole nine. I went to lunch at TGIFridays and it was great. I really miss American food and it really hit the spot. The chicken on my salad was seriously the best chicken since I've been here. After lunch I went to get a mani and pedi. I wish I could have taken a picture in the salon because it is very different from nail salons in Atlanta and they are soooo cheap! I went shopping for a little while and then went back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. We ate at an awesome Italian restaurant in the Petronas Towers. One of Jason's clients ordered a bottle of wine and when I looked at it, it was from Montepulciano. I was in heaven.

Here are some pics from my day today...

Here's a view from our room on the top floor of the Westin




The pool


My gecko friend


The mall






Fountain outside the mall


The Petronas Towers





Tomorrow we are off to Penang, Malaysia. I'll keep you posted! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment