Monday, May 10, 2010

Penang, Malaysia





We spent the last several days in Penang, Malaysia. Although Jason worked the first couple of days, the weekend was ours.

On Thursday, Jason took a half day and we decided that we would visit Monkey Beach with his co-worker Mike. We talked to a local and he had a trip for sale so we could go fishing, go to Monkey Beach, and have a BBQ. We were all in. At the top of the hill on Monkey Beach, there was a lighthouse. Jason wanted to walk up the "hill" and take pictures, since he loves lighthouses. So we first went fishing were we caught only bait fish. It was still a lot of fun. And I must brag and say that I, by far, caught the most fish (maybe it's because I didn't bait or unhook the fish, but those are just technicalities). After fishing we went to Monkey Beach. This is where I began to realize why it is called Monkey Beach and not Monkeys Beach. We only saw one. LOL! We then started our 1.5 hour trek up the "hill". It seemed like a harmless trail to begin with, but in 100 degree weather, I was about to pass out. It took 45 mins (or longer) to get to the top. I've never seen so many stairs in my life. I'm still not sure why we had to pay for that, with all the sweat and work we put into it. LOL. But when we finally made it to the top, OMG what a view!! It was gorgeous and made it all worthwhile. After we walked down the hill we had our BBQ that the local made for us. There was hamburgers, hotdogs, tons of chicken and fish along with pineapple and a salad. We drank pepsi and didn't have any utensils to use. It was surprisingly very tasty!















Friday, Jason went to some meetings so I laid out by the pool and walked on the beach for 1.5 hours. It was gorgeous. It's funny because the whole time I was walking, many different men took my picture. I must be a hot commodoty, being a redhead and all. LOL! Friday night a bunch of Jason's co-workers and I went out to The Hardrock Cafe and watched some fire throweres and some live music. Jason and I even took a lit up tuk tuk home. It was a ton of fun!








Saturday, Jason and I went to the pool and beach for a little while before we went shopping. In the afternoon, Jason, Mike and I got a cab and went shopping and then to the Botanical Gardens by Penang Hill. What is it with all these hills? LOL! We first went into the Gardens where we saw a bunch of cute monkeys! Many people were feeding them peanuts, so they were running around all over the place. Thankfully, we took a truck up the hill (over 3 miles) to the top where we took pictures of the sunset. It was beautiful!





Sunday, Jason and I went to the pool/beach for a couple hours before we had to check out of the hotel. It was a nice, relaxing day. We caught our flight last night at 6pm and finally made it home sweet home.

Overall, I had a great time in Penang. Malaysia is such a beautiful country with such nice people. I can't wait to go back in a couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment