Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Missing!!

Salzburg is known as being a very safe city. There is really no crime here and is pretty quiet. That is why, stupid me, decided to leave my bike unlocked in the foyer of our building when I went home for our wedding and honeymoon. Now, I must say, I thought this was okay because the only way you can get into our building is with a key and the door shuts right behind you. Oh yeah, and there are also several other unlocked bikes in that area as well- mine being the oldest. Surely one of my neighbors wouldn't steal it since we all live in the same building. I did not, however, think that the foyer would be repainted the very time I decided to leave the country for 5 weeks.  It's funny because I have left my bike in the foyer unlocked since I had gotten it in February and almost locked it when we left and then thought to myself "Hey, it's been unlocked this long... what are the chances?" Good, I tell ya! Well, long story short we called the hausmeister (house meister) who told us to call the painting company who said they would call us back. Ugh! I still can't come to grips that someone actually stole the bike, especially since the area had been repainted. Perhaps they moved it out of the way to paint and I just don't know where? Oh well, at least it happened to an older bike that we bought used. If we end up not finding it, I will get a new bike and make sure to lock it wherever I go. I will keep you posted.

UPDATE: The painter said that he didn't move a bike in order to paint the area. Looks like it was stolen. Bummer!

No comments:

Post a Comment