Monday, June 6, 2011

Best Day Of Our Lives!!

On Saturday, May 21st, I married my best friend!


Wedding weekend started off amazing! The rehearsal went so smoothly and was followed by a lovely dinner at Adobo in Alpharetta with close family and friends. After dinner, we grabbed some drinks at the Marriott. Boy do I love when everyone is together. We had a blast! Kait and I had a slumber party in my hotel room the night before the wedding. So fun!

The next day (wedding day!) flew by so fast! My sister-in-love did my hair and it turned out amazing! While getting ready, Jason had a couple wedding day presents sent to me. I was blown away. For my something new, he bought me some gorgeous diamond earrings. I love them and put them on immediately. But my favorite present of all was a lovely scrap/photo book that he made me of our travels. It was over a hundred pages and the last page even included his vows (covered up so I couldn't see them until after the wedding, of course). It was seriously the best present I have ever received and I can't wait to show it off! I still can't look through it without crying. Do I have the best husband, or what?! For his wedding gift, I got him a watch and wrote him a letter.



The best part of the day, was during the ceremony when we read each other our vows. Everyone said that they could hear me but not Jason because he was talking so low. So, for those that want to see them, here there are:

Jason's vows to me:

We have traveled the world together, so many memories that I will always treasure. From our first trip to the mountains of Dahlonega, to our hike in the mountains of Salzburg. From the beaches in Australia, to our snow fight on Navy pier in Chicago. We have experienced so much together, from getting lost on the back of a scooter in Hua Hin to running through the rain on a beach in the Philippines.


Through all the lows and all the highs I always knew it would work out because I had you at my side. Meine kleine schöne Frau.

I vow to walk through this world together with you, hand in hand

I vow to love you more than anyone has ever loved you

I vow to make you feel special every day, just as you deserve

If I leave this world before you, I vow to be waiting on the other side to continue our journey together hand in hand.

Ich liebe dich, I love you now and forever.


My vows to Jason:

Jason, I love you with all of my heart. You are not only the love of my life, but also my very best friend. As we have travelled around the world together, I have learned that no matter where we go or what we do, home is always with you. I promise today, before God and all of our family and friends, to give you my deepest love.  I promise to remain faithful to you and to stand by you through the pressures of today and the uncertainties of tomorrow. I promise to support you, respect you, encourage you and treat you how I would want to be treated. I am so thankful that God brought you into my life. You are truly an answered prayer. I praise God for your love and companionship and pray that he will guide us with His grace through our journey in life. As I have given you my hand to hold, I give you my heart to keep.

After the ceremony, we went to take pictures off site with our amazing photographers from Graceology and our awesome videographer, Adam. We had so much fun! Here are a few of my favorites:









The reception was so much fun! It was so wonderful having everyone together! The whole day seemed to go by way too fast! I couldn't have wished for a more perfect day!




We would like to thank everyone who came to celebrate our special day with us. It would not have been the same without you! We are so blessed to have such wonderful family and friend that travelled near and far to join us. We love you all!


Love,
Mrs. Shannon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment