Thursday, October 28, 2010

Wedding Dress Update!!

Ok, I am not sure if you read my blog about my wedding dress. Long story short, I am having my wedding dress custom made by hand in Thailand. It was not ready when it was supposed to be and I didn't think it would turn out the way that I wanted it to and I was extremely upset and stressed out. 

I voiced my concerns to one of our friends in Asia who happens to know the old Chief of Police in Thailand and his wife, Khun Ying Ann, who is royalty in Thailand. Over the past couple of weeks, they went into the dressmaker's shop several times, making sure it was being worked on and scared the bejesus out of them.

Well, it worked! I arrived at the shop this morning and tried on my dress and it was amazing! It was made exactly the way I wanted it and looked better than the designer one that it was made after. The detailing was gorgeous and I couldn't have asked for a better dressmaker. Although they had to translate everything I said to her, she made it exactly how I wanted it. Not only does it look great, but how many people can say that they know who made their wedding dress and that it was custom made just for them? For years to come, looking back at the pictures of our wedding day is going to remind me of our time abroad. OMG, I am so happy!

The only problem now is, I want to wear it sooner than May 21. I also have that problem with my wedding ring, but that is a whole other story.

Such a happy girl!

And, I must add, Jason you were right! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you have to model that mug on the sly. I put on my wedding dress a million times before the big day. Get your money's worth! Can't say the same for the ring though..I absolutely can't wait to see you in both!

    ReplyDelete