Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Aftershocks Felt In Singapore From Indonesian Earthquake- 10/25/2010

I am not sure if any of you heard, but there was an earthquake in our neighboring country, Indonesia, on Monday night around 10:45pm (Monday day for all you Americans). So far over 120 people have died from the tsunami that followed and many others are missing.

Apparently Singapore felt the aftershocks. I say apparently because Jason and I were so severely jet lagged from our trip to the US that we had no clue. Although we heard some crazy thunder and lightening and some strange noises (like nothing we've ever heard), we had no clue what was going on. The even crazier thing is that I had no clue this happened until lunch yesterday (the following day) when my friend Sherry told me all about it. Boy have we been out of it! In our defense, we live in a high rise apartment building that is built to withstand earthquakes and we live on the southern end of the island by HarbourFront. In case you are curious, HERE is just one article about it.
 
Just thought some of you might be interested in this information.
 
*I know that when I lived in the US, I was not always current on international news, so no worries if you haven't heard about it. Living abroad has definitely made me current with all international news, as it now affects us more than ever, and I don't think that will ever change. That, and because there really isn't much else to watch on TV. ;)

Stay well my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment