Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Stubai Glacier

Last week my friend Jessica and her brother Jordan came to Austria to go skiing at Stubai Glacier. She emailed me and told me her plans and explained that she would love to see us if we weren't too far from where they were staying. Since Jason works during the week, I knew he wouldn't be able to join. I was super sad that he couldn't join us but was so excited to go skiing! I love to ski and Jason does not so I figured this would be the perfect opportunity for me, expecially since it is slowly starting to get warmer here and I don't want to miss out on this ski season all together.

There was only ONE slight problem about going skiing. I would have to drive... a stick shift car... two hours... by myself. As the date approached, I had knots in my stomach because I had never driven a stick shift car by myself (until the day before), let alone in a foreign country with crazy road signs and the infamous AUTOBAN (which, STOP READING MOM, is a dream by the way...). So on Tuesday night, after meeting our landlord for the first time, I took off on the open road at night, putzing around trying not to speed but also trying not to stall out. I'm lame, I know. My main concern was finally reaching the mountains and having to stop on a hill. Thank God this did not happen!

After only 1hr and 45mins I reached my destination (thanks autoban). I snuck up to the room (since it was only reserved for two people and I was crashing on the floor), had a glass of wine, and got caught up with my friends. I was so proud of myself because I DID IT!! I feel so much more comfortable driving now and will gladly welcome and drive around more visitors. Hint hint!

The next morning we woke up and went to Stubai Glacier. It was amazing! Definitely one of the most amazing views I have ever seen. My first thought was... isn't GOD amazing?! Seriously! Maybe it was because I was so high up but I could feel Him in my bones (or maybe it was the chill... either way it was AWESOME!!).







Overall, we had a great time skiing and I already can't wait to go back (and drag Jason next time!). So, if anyone is up for another ski trip, I'm game! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment