Friday, December 3, 2010

Bah, Humbug!

That's how I feel this Christmas season. I know, I don't have any room to complain but I am still going to anyway.

Here in Singapore (our last weekend here since we are off to Bali next weekend) it still feels like summer. It was in the upper 80s today. I am not upset about this, except for the fact that it is now December and is not helping my Christmas chi. It is especially hard reading facebook posts and emails talking about cold weather, seeing pictures of homes that are decorated beautifully with Christmas decorations, and having to do my Christmas shopping online rather than browsing in the store. So far, I have heard two Christmas songs (one in a cab and one in a restaurant) and have seen some minor Christmas decorations. We are not putting up a tree this year because we are moving out of our apartment on Dec. 15. Moral of the story: It does not feel like Christmastime which makes me super sad!

To get in the spirit, Jason and I decided we would go and get a picture taken with Santa. I was ssooo excited about this because it would be the first time we have done this together and I was hoping that it would lift my Christmas spirit. We left work and went to the mall and lo and behold there was no Santa. I was crushed. I know we are in Asia, but c'mon people! I thought Santa traveled the whole world. To be honest, I really wanted to take a picture with an Asian Santa Claus while we are tan and dressed in summer clothes because I thought it would be funny. Don't judge.

Today, I decided that I was going to persevere and find Santa gosh darnit! So, I searched online and found that he will be at The Formum shopping mall tomorrow. So, I bet you can guess what we are going to do after we go to the pool or beach tomorrow. Yup... visit the jolly man himself and ask for my Christmas spirit back. Don't worry, I'll make sure to post pictures.

Until then, maybe my pictures from last year will help me out.



P.S. Can't wait to come home in 2 weeks! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment