Friday, November 4, 2011

Busy As A Bee

... as my Mom would say.

The last couple of weeks have been a blur. We have been to Istanbul and Paris since the last time I have posted. Both trips were amazing and I will post about each one very soon. Jason is in London at the moment on a business trip and happens to have all of the pictures with him on his computer, which means no blogging for me until he gets home. But please do not fret-- I will post next week!

Here are my latest news stories...

1. I have been battling a sinus infection on and off for about 3 weeks now. The challenge about living abroad is getting prescription medication. In Turkey, it was a breeze. I went straight to the pharmacy and asked for Augmentin (the usual). I was given it without a hassle and my sinuses cleared up in no time. When I went today in Salzburg, I was told that I have to see a doctor to get prescription medication. Ugh... the Austrians love to follow the rules!

2. At the end of the month, we are having a big Thanksgiving dinner with our Salzburg family. I am super excited about this. Last year, it was just Jason and myself in Melbourne, Australia and I was super bummed to be missing out on all the turkey and family time. This year, we decided to get some friends together to celebrate. I can't wait!

3. Lately, my friend Julie has put together a boot camp for all of us girls here (she used to be a workout instructor). Every Wednesday we head to a local park and we run and do various excercises. It is a great workout and a fun time to spend with great friends. I love it!! (even though my body hates me the next day!!)

4. I am not sure if I mentioned this before, but we are also involved in our very own book club. We have read some awesome books. Right now we are readying A Moveable Feast by Earnest Hemmingway. It is a good book and great follow up to our last book, The Paris Wife, which I loved!!

Well, that's about all for now. Stay tuned for my postings about Istanbul and Paris. Both trips were amazing!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment