Thursday, November 24, 2011

Drumroll Please...

Yesterday, for the very first time in my life, I put color in my hair. No, I didn't dye the whole thing but I did have some highlights and lowlights put in.

Hair is a very funny thing. Ever since I was little, people ranted and raved over my hair and I never understood why. At the time, I hated it and wanted to have brown hair. That probably had something to do with kids making fun of me because I was a ginger. Oh well.

As I have grown older, I have come to appreciate my hair and I still get a ton of compliments. I'm actually proud of being a ginger, thank you very much! In fact, some of my friends have even tried to dye their hair my color only for it to turn out maroon or orange. Ha! You always want what you can't have.

I always told myself that I would do a little something to my hair after my wedding. Since we've been married for 6 months now, I figured I'd give it a shot.

When I walked into the salon and started to talk to Teresa, she was telling me that I was one of only three regular customers that have completely natural hair (now they are down to two). She couldn't believe I've never done anything to it. She was super excited and started to laugh when I started asking her a ton of questions (How long do I wait for the dye to set in? Do they have my natural hair color in case I don't like it? How often do I need to get them re-done?...etc.). The whole salon was looking at me like I was crazy and I'm pretty sure it was not because I was the only one speaking English. Man, I love trying something new!! :)

Without further ado, here is how it turned out.


I love it! You only live once! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment