Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Paris

At the end of October, Jason and I went to Paris with our friends Joe and Christine. It was our first time in Paris and we had a blast!

The afternoon we arrived, we went went to  our place, dropped our bags off, and walked around the city. It was just lovely! That night, much to my dismay, we got Domino's Pizza for dinner. I was not happy about this but got outvoted 3-1. We stayed up and played drinking games and had a blast.

The next morning, Jason and I went to the Louvre, the Orsay Museum, and walked around on our own. The Louvre was my favorite. I couldn't believe how huge it was-- 13 km... wow!! We saw the Mona Lisa and many of the other great works. We could have spent the whole day just at the Louvre alone.




This was taken outside of the Orsay Museum. This one is for you, Dad!! 

We then met up with Joe and Christine and went to see Notre Dame. All I kept thinking was, "gosh, I wish I could have gotten married here!!" It was gorgeous! The stained glass was incredible!! 




We went to the Eiffel Tower that evening. Words can't even describe how beautiful it is! Every hour, on the hour, the lights glitter. I could have just sat and watched it for hours!!



The next day, we went on a day trip to Versailles. What a great time we had. As you can tell from the pictures, I was in a spunky mood that day. I mean, I couldn't help but live it up in Paris!!







Jason and I even had a leaf fight! ;)






On the way home from Versailles, we stopped at the Arc de Triomphe to take pictures of the Eiffel Tower at sunset. Climbing all those stairs was totally worth it!!






While in Paris we also went shopping, went on a boat cruise, ate croissants for breakfast, drank lovely wine and had some pretty tasty dinners. Overall, our trip was a huge success! I am so lucky to have been able to go visit a city that I have always dreamed of going to with my amazing hubby. I can't wait to go back!! 






















No comments:

Post a Comment