Monday, October 24, 2011

Day Trip to Großglocknerstraße

Last Sunday before we left for Istanbul, Jason and I took a day trip to Großglocknerstraße. I read about it online and wanted to visit before the road was closed in November. It was so gorgeous!!

Grossglockner is not only the highest mountain in Austria, it also counts among the highest peaks in the Alps. It is about 1 1/2 hours away from us. Grossglocknerstrasse (the road)  is the most famous alpine road which leads into the heart of the Hohe Tauern National Park, to the highest mountain in Austria, the Grossglockner (3,798m) and its glacier, the Pasterze. To check out the website, feel free to check it out here.

Jason took some pretty amazing pictures on his camera. It's a shame that I don't have them on my computer yet. I will make him post them on his website though.


For now, here are some of the pictures I took from my iPhone. For those wondering, the pictures were taken from my iPhone app called Hipstamatic. If you don't have it, it is totally worth the $.99.

It was such a lovely day! It was so wonderful to spend the day in the car talking to Jason and admiring the beauty of the Austrian Alps. I sure do love it here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment