Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bucket List Update

Life sure is funny sometimes. In November 2009, right after I met Jason, I decided to create a bucket list for my blog. At the time, we had just begun to date (like 3 weeks into our relationship) and Jason must have inspired me by all of his stories about traveling abroad, meeting new people and seeing new places. It was at that time that I made a list for myself of things that I wanted to do before I die. I have looked back at it from time to time and am amazed at how much I have accomplished in the last (almost) two years. Where does the time go? I am so blessed to have experienced all that I have and am looking forward for what is to come. Out of 100 things, here's what I've done since then:

1. Learn to speak a foreign language. (Well, I'm trying to anyway. I can understand more than I can speak but I'm taking classes and am getting there.)
2. Visit Australia, Costa Rica, Paris, London and Thailand.
3. Move out of the country.
4. Fall deeply in love--helplessly and unconditionally-- and get married.
5. Drive the Autobahn and speed as much as I want.
6. Go snorkeling and scuba diving.
7. Learn to cook well. (Not sure if it's "well" but I can cook much better than I did before...)
8. Learn to become more artistic. (I started to paint a bit)
9. Learn to drive a 5 speed.
10. Go rock climbing.
11. Take a spontaneous trip for no reason.
12. Help someone in need.
13. Become a cowgirl for a weekend. (Helps when your inlaws own a buffalo ranch) ;)
14. Fish for blue marlin.
15. Visit a rainforest.
16. Take lots of pictures and actually print them out and use them.
17. Build something. (Does Ikea furniture count?)
18. Live every day as if it's my last.

I can't wait to complete the other 82 items! I am blessed! x

No comments:

Post a Comment