Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Bucket List


I know I am young but figured I may as well write a list of things that I want to do before I die. Tomorrow is never promised! :) P.S. They are in no particular order.

1. Swim with a dolphin.
2. Learn to speak a foreign language.
3. Learn how to play an instrument, preferably the guitar.
4. Learn how to surf.
5. Visit Australia, Costa Rica, Paris, London and Thailand.
6. Move out of the country.
7. Learn to ballroom dance.
8. Fall deeply in love--helplessly and unconditionally-- and get married.
9. Have children.
10. Drive across America from sea to shining sea and see all 50 states.
11. Visit the Mall of America and shop my heart out.
12. Run with the bulls in Pamplona.
13. Drive the Autobahn and speed as much as I want.
14. Run a marathon.
15. Go on a hot air balloon ride.
16. Go snorkeling and scuba diving.
17. Visit the Holy Land.
18. Write a book. You know I have stories! :)
19. Ride in a helicopter.
20. Be on TV and on the radio.
21. Host a radio show.
22. Learn to cook well.
23. Dye my hair.
24. Learn to sew.
25. See the 7 Wonders of the World.
26. Adopt an orphan.
27. Send letters to a prisoner.
28. Set foot on each of the 7 continents.
29. Volunteer at a homeless shelter.
30. Go on a cruise.
31. Learn to become more artistic.
32. Go on a mission trip.
33. Teach a class.
34. Own my own house.
35. Stay in the ice hotel.
36. Complete a triathlon.
37. Go sailing.
38. Get my pilot's license.
39. Read the Bible from cover to cover.
40. Go on a safari.
41. Get a picture published.
42. Try fencing.
43. Swim with sharks.
44. Go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
45. Go couchsurfing.
46. Become a Wine Connoisseur.
47. Watch Turtles hatch and run for the ocean.
48. Participate in La Tomatina: Food Fight!
49. Collect something.
50. Buy something for someone that I can not even afford for myself.
51. Swim with stingrays.
52. Catch fresh Tuna and eat fresh sushi on a boat.
53. Go horseback riding on the beach.
54. Go para sailing.
55. Go base jumping.
56. Climb a pyramid.
57. Buy a round of drinks for everyone at the bar.
58. Tip a server an extra $100 for no reason.
59. Learn to drive a 5 speed.
60. See the Northern Lights.
61. Go rock climbing.
62. Save someone's life.
63. Go caroling.
64. Go to a film premiere.
65. Invent something.
66. Have a job that I love.
67. Free an animal.
68. Shower in a waterfall.
69. Be arrested for doing something I believe in.
70. Visit a desert.
71. Discover something that has never been discovered.
72. Become financially stable so I don't have to work again.
73. Walk for Breast Cancer.
74. Live on the water.
75. Take a vacation on a private yacht.
76. Stomp on Grapes.
77. Solve the Rubik's Cube.
78. Get my own motorcycle.
79. Take a spontaneous trip for no reason.
80. Become a Grandma.
81. Help someone in need.
82. Go dogsledding.
83. Become a cowgirl for a weekend.
84. Fish for blue marlin.
85. Visit a rainforest.
86. Go back to school to get my Masters or PhD.
87. Change someone's life for the better.
88. Go to a nude beach.
89. Kiss at the top of the Eiffel Tower.
90. Learn to belly dance.
91. Buy a big hat and go to the Kentucky Derby.
92. Go on a pub crawl.
93. Take lots of pictures and actually print them out and use them.
94. Blow a month's wages on shoes.
95. Spend a night at the Opera.
96. Try to trapeze.
97. Take pole dancing lessons.
98. Build something.
99. Send flowers to someone for no reason.
100. Live every day as if it's my last.

1 comment:

  1. Great bucket list! I noticed that a lot of them have to do with traveling. As you probably figured out, I love to travel as well. I would highly recommend the book 1000 Places to see before you die. I am using this on my travels to make sure I see some places on this list. Here are a couple thoughts I had on your list.
    #4 -- I took surfing lessons in Hawaii. One of the best times ever!
    #5 -- Costa Rica is one of my most favorite places ever. This is also a great place to take surfing lessons...Tamarindo!
    #6 -- I'd like to do this sometime as well. I did live in Japan for 3 months, but I don't think that is long enough to count for "moving".
    #18 -- This is something I've been thinking about as well. Someone suggested I write one on my latest experiences of being unemployed.
    #25 -- On my list too! I just went to Machu Picchu so I can mark that one off. I've also been to Stonehenge.
    #28 -- Me too! I only have Antarctica and Australia to go. I'm hoping to mark off Australia in 2010.
    #32 -- The single most rewarding thing I've ever done. I highly recommend it.
    #36 -- I think I'd like to do a mini-triathlon. You go girl!!
    #39 -- On my list too!
    #47 -- I happen to get lucky and see this at Holden Beach a few summers ago. One of those things that you can't believe it until you see. Very spiritual!

    Good luck and keep us posted on how you are progressing. No time like the present to start marking them off the list!

    ReplyDelete