Thursday, August 4, 2011

Jack Update


Jack has lived with us in Austria for a month now. I am so happy that he is here!

Jack was staying with my parents for the past year. I couldn't bring him to Singapore because we were traveling so much and because I didn't want him to have to go into quarantine for several months. At my parents, he got used to playing with  their two dogs, Gracie and Allie. When we first moved to Austria, I was worried that Jack would be lonely because he's either lived with the girls or with Bella (although I'm sure he would have rather lived alone than with her).

The amazing thing about Europe is that dogs can go EVERYWHERE with you. And Jack has done just that. So I don't have to leave him alone all the time, I take him with me pretty much wherever I go. He has been to Ikea, out to eat with us, to Budapest on my girl's trip... you name it. I try to take him everywhere I can because I don't want him to be alone and sad.

When we do have to leave him, he cries and it just breaks my heart having to hear it through the door while we are waiting on the elevator. And you better believe that when we return, we are smothered by sweet kisses.

The only issue I have really had so far with Jack is his eating habits. He hasn't really eaten much and has lost some weight so I am now mixing some wet food with his dry food so he doesn't starve. I didn't want his 4 lb. body to shrink to nothing. Other than that, he has been amazing. I'm sure his appetite will pick back up once he gets used to his new living arrangement.

The hardwood floors are also something he has been getting used to. When we first arrived with him, he was sliding all over the place. He wouldn't jump on the couch or the bed and wasn't used to it at all. He has now conquered his fears and prances around the house like he owns the place.

I love my little man! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment