Monday, June 7, 2010

Something Fishy!

Apparently the new "in" thing to do here in Asia, spa-wise, is to go to a Fish Spa. What is a Fish Spa, you ask? A Fish Spa is when you sit on a bench and stick your feet into a fish tank of the sorts. The fish immediately swim to your feet and start munching away on the dead skin. Don't worry, it's pretty much as gross as it sounds.

Today I was feeling adventurous. Jason is out of town and I was out shopping and figured hey, why not. I bought ten minutes (in case I didn't like it). The lady I told left the store and returned 20 minutes later. By then, I was ready to get my tootsies out of there. It felt like my feet were being vibrated and obviously nibbled. It really weirded me out when I felt one fish go from the top of my foot all the way to the bottom in a straight line. According to some online research (sorry guys, I'm not in college anymore so you don't get a reference page), the fish spa was originally used to cure some skin diseases since the fish will eat all the dead skin they can. For more information this is a pretty cool article. Well, after my Fish Spa experience, I got a pedicure (at the same salon). Ever girl needs a good pampering every now and then. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment