Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Australian Recap







Jason and I spent the last 12 days in Australia. It was a nice break from Singapore weather but we are very happy to be home.

Our first stop was Sydney. We stayed on George Street, which were all the action is. I spend a lot of my time walking around, shopping, and taking pictures. We visited the Opera House and ate at several nice restaurants. It rained a lot and the weather was much cooler than we were used to, so it was a nice excuse to shop. In Sydney, I felt like I was in New York. Everyone was dressed up nice and in black and there was a certain hustle and bustle in the air.

Our next stop was in Adelaide. It rained a lot while we were here too. I found a nice shopping area where I spent hours and got my nails done. This is also were I found my first Australian Gaming Room. I played the slot machines and only came out losing $5. Not too shabby. Probably would have been a lot more if Jason didn't step in. LOL!

Next, we went to Geelong. We stayed at a nice hotel right next to Werribee Open Range Zoo. That was literally the only thing to do since we were in a remote location. I went to the zoo but you probably already saw that post. It was a lot of fun, but I was very happy to move on to Melbourne.

Melbourne was our last stop. I might have to say that people-wise, Melbourne was my favorite. Jason, Mike and I went to dinner at Sammy's Italian Trattoria. We made friend's with Sammy, the owner, and had some wonderful Italian cuisine. After Sammy's, we made friends at a stop light when we forgot to push the button to stop traffic so we could walk across the street. An hour or so later we ended up at the same bar as our stop light friends. Kathryn (stop light girl) and I became instant friends and danced the night away to 80's music (it was 80's night). While in Melbourne, I also saw two movies and we went Rockstar Bowling. This was also were our water fight occurred.

All in all, we had a blast in Australia. Although it rained a lot, we had a fabulous time. I hope to go sometime during their summer because I hear the beaches are phenomenal. I can't wait!

P.S. Here's some Aussie slang I learned on my trip:
1. A ranger is another name for a ginger or a redhead
2. If you want to bum a cigarette, you ask to scab a cigarette
3. When in the bathroom, people ask if you are in queue, not in line
4. If you are pissed, that means you are drunk, not angry
5. Chips always mean french fries
6. A jumper is a sweater
7. You right? is asking if everything is ok
8. No worries means no problem

No comments:

Post a Comment