Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Walk To Remember...

Remember the stories that older folks told about how they had to walk 2 miles uphill, barefoot in the snow to get to school or where ever they were going? I think we need to start taking those stories more seriously.

I signed up for the gym in Salzburg called Vita Club. It is located in Salzburg about two miles away from our apartment. Since we only have one car and Jason takes it to work, I walk where ever I need to go during the day. Since the club is a straight shot down the road from our place, it really didn't seem too far. A 30 minute walk later, I finally got to the gym.

Now, I'm sure like I sound like a spoiled American but just going to and from the gym is a work out. By the time I got there, I was cold and tired. Of course, today was sunny and I didn't figure I needed my hat or scarf. Wrong! I definitely did not think about the fact that I would be leaving the gym sweaty or that I might turn into a popsicle on the way home. Now I see why all the Europeans are so skinny... they walk everywhere, even to work out.

I think my next investment will be a bike. Don't worry Mom, I already tried to get a Vespa but for some reason Jason thinks I'll kill myself here with one. Seriously, I emailed him this picture of a Vespa I saw on the side of that road that was for sale.
Wishful thinking, I know. At this point, a pedal bike would be just fine.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment