Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Growing Pains


Sometimes I just wish that I could go back 20 years. Back to the little girl that washed her bedroom wood floors everyday, pretending to be Cinderella without a care in the world. Although I am lucky enough to have found my prince charming, sometimes growing up really is painful no matter how happy you are. I have always found it easy to move on and change was always new and exciting to me. This is why I find it easier than most to leave everything I have ever known and move to Singapore with my fiance. But sometimes, we encounter changes that were never a part of the plan that we have for ourselves, which has been heartbreaking. I have to remind myself that everything that happens is a part of God's plan for me and that everything works out the way it is supposed to. It's funny because as a child I was in such a hurry to grow up but now that I have, I just want to go back to times where I was carefree and the only thing I had to worry about was trying to get my brothers to play house with me. On a side note, I can not wait to start my adventure with Jason in two short weeks. Oh how it sure is bittersweet! Bring on the lemons, I'll make some damn good lemonade!

No comments:

Post a Comment