Friday, October 30, 2009

Treat or Trick?


Okay, so I know I am probably going to get hell on this post, but I don't care. One of my favorite things about Halloween is seeing children and dogs dressed up in Halloween costumes. And yes, I said dogs.

I love how there are so many creative costumes for dogs. I'm sure you have all seen the hot dog bun that a wiener dog wears. That's one of my favorites. A couple years ago Jack was Frankenstein but he hated it because he had to wear a little hat thing that he kept taking off. This year he is going to be Superman again (like last year). Unfortunately I didn't have much time to get him a new costume and he isn't going a party with me this year anyway.

While in Savannah for Katie and Stephan's wedding last weekend, there was a trick or treat for dogs down River Street. Dogs of all sizes dressed up (well their owners dressed them up) and went from shop to shop getting treats. I think this is a fabulous idea and wish we had something like that near us. Although Jack would probably be scared out of his mind, Bella would love it!

Which brings me to my next point: I wish we were more pet friendly. "We" as in the U.S. When I lived in Italy you can take your dog(s) anywhere with you. You can take them to the grocery store, a restaurant, and sometimes even work. Right after I got Bella, my Mom, Janet, and I went to order food to go from The Olde Blind Dog in Alpharetta. Being that Bella was only 5 weeks old and not wanting to leave her in the car, I took her inside (holding her) to look at a menu. The manager immediately came over and kicked me out. I mean, I understand that people don't want pets in restaurants, but she was itty bitty and I was only going to order my darn food. So anyway, we got kicked out into the cold and I had to wait on my Mom and Janet outside while they ordered for me. Bella was quite popular that day though. Several servers came outside to meet her and play with her. She sure is little miss popular pretty much all the time though. But enough about that.

I hope you all have a happy and safe Halloween. I'll be sure to post pictures from the parties that I will be attending, I'm sure they'll be interesting.

P.S. In the pictures, Jack is the one in the Superman costume and the others are just random pups!

No comments:

Post a Comment