Saturday, October 3, 2009

I'm an old fart!


So this has been a great week so far. It went by so quickly and I feel like I got a lot accomplished, both at home and at work. Yesterday, like pretty much every other day, I got home and went running. I ran about 6 miles which is starting to become my regular routine. After running, I showered and decided to cook a nice dinner for myself. It was the first time I had cooked something nice since I've been at my place, which is pretty sad since I've been there for 4 months now. I cooked chicken parmesan with fresh mozzarella over some thin pasta. As an appetizer, I made a caprese salad with basil and balsamic dressing- a little piece of heaven, if you will. I topped off this fabulous meal with a classy glass of Two Buck Chuck Cab. Mmmm. Anyway, I am sitting at the dinner table by myself, with Jack begging for food at my feet, when I came to a very sober realization- I am getting old. I am 25 years old. I have been out of college for a year and a half. It was 7:30pm at night and I was exhuasted. I don't go out during the week anymore and I was all alone (which I was happy about). Where does the time go? It was about that time that I figured I would go to bed early at 8:45pm- my usual bedtime being 9:30pm. Pretty sad, I know! I'm not saying that I don't like my life or anything like that but man has my lifestyle changed! For those of you that know me, I was always the last one out partying and having a good time and always the first one to wake up for work the next day (hangover free of course!). My body just doesn't work the way it used to. If I don't get at least 7 hours of sleep, I'm not a happy camper the next day. I love my life and I love that I have a regular schedule but boy do I feel like an old fart. These past couple of years have flown by so fast. I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles. On a side note- I am feeling pretty darn good and rested today and I am sooo ready to party this weekend with some old and new friends! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment