Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Angel

Last week was really tough on us. After Shannon's passing, Jason went back to the States to be with Dakota while I stayed here since I had friends coming out on Friday for Oktoberfest in Munich. I was super excited that I had friends coming to visit but I was so torn up about going home. I wanted to honor Shannon (and of course to be with Dakota) by being at the funeral but my friends had bought their tickets 9 months ago and I didn't want to back out on them. Jason and I finally made the decision that I would stay. The three days before my friends arrived, I didn't get any sleep. I couldn't imagine how her parent's must have felt, or Dakota. The last time we were in town, Shannon spent so much time with us- lunches, dinners, boating on the 4th, sleeping over my parent's house. I really grew to love her and was almost certain she would become my daughter-in-law one day. I went through my wedding pictures and she was in the background of nearly every photo. Maybe it's God's way of telling us that we will always have an angel watching over us.

No comments:

Post a Comment