Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy New Year!


I know I am a week late but I hope you will understand. On New Years Eve our friends Christina and Matt came over to my parent's house for dinner. At around 7pm, I started to feel sick with body aches, the chills, etc. I did not want this to ruin my evening, so I kept trucking along. Matt and Christina ended up leaving around 10:30pm and I fell asleep on the couch shortly thereafter. I woke up 5 minutes before the ball dropped, toasted champagne with Jason and the fam, then we went right upstairs to bed. The next morning, lo and behold, I woke up with the flu. I stayed in bed for 2 1/2 days (and by in bed, I mean downstairs on the couch in front of the big TV). After my flu started to retreat, I ended up getting a terrible sinus infection. After having it for 3 days, I then lost my voice for 2. I think you can see where I am going with this. Yesterday was the first day this year that I actually felt myself again and could talk. I am still taking all my meds but feel so much better than I did last week. Hopefully this isn't a sign as to what my New Year will be like. Again, sorry for not blogging sooner.

The day before New Years (Dec. 30th), my friends Christina, Emily and I had a girls night. We went out to dinner and then out to a bar and had so much fun. I am so blessed to have these girls in my life. They seriously are THE BEST!!


2010 brought so many surprises, blessings, laughs, and good times. I just know that 2011 is going to be even better!

Here are some things I am looking forward to in 2011:
1. Marrying my best friend, Jason.
2. Moving to Salzburg, Austria on Jan. 17th.
3. Spending time with my family and friends.
4. My nephew turning 1!
5. Exploring Europe!
6. Oktoberfest in Munich.
7. Having visitors in Salzburg.
8. Having Jack live with us again since he couldn't come to Singapore.
9. Learning German.
10. Making new friends all over the world.

So... better late than never... HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011!!! I wish you all nothing but happiness and blessings this year. XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Our prayers and blessings be upon you and Jason this coming 2011 and always. So sorry you were sick but thankful you are back to your old self Lauren. Know that we love you and look forward to May. Hugs and Kisses to you both. Grandpa and Grandma xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete