Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Jack in a Nutshell

I realized that I do not blog about Jack nearly enough. In fact, some of you readers might not even know who he is. Jack is the other love of my life, my 4 lb. yorkie/chihuahua mix. He is 5 years old (his birthday is March 22) and was my early 21st birthday present. Jack has been a huge part of my life, moving to Carrollton, Kennesaw, Cumming and two places in Alpharetta with me. Soon, we will be adding Salzburg, Austria to that list. Unfortunately, not as soon as I hoped.

In order to move a dog into the EU, there is a ton of paperwork to fill out and shots that have to be given to Jack, among other things. While home for Christmas, I took Jack to the vet for a tune up- shots, teeth cleaning, insertion of an international chip, nails clipped and all. While there, I learned that he had to have had the shots in less than a year but no less than a month. Although I stayed in the US longer than planned and could have worked it out, Jason and I decided to leave him with my parents until after the wedding. Here's why:
1. We are coming home for our wedding in May and for Christmas and don't want to stress Jack out with too many long flights.
2. Our apartment is currently unfurnished and we will be staying in a hotel for several days when I first arrive.
3. Jack hates the snow and is already going to freak about being in a new place without his "sisters" (Mom's dogs).
Although I am super sad about this, I know it is the best decision for him. At least we won't be gone too long without him. He is seriously the best dog ever.

Here are some oldies but goodies of Jack:
Jack as a pup
Celebrating my 21st birthday (Jack was 4 1/2 months old)
Hanging out at my apartment in college

1 comment:

  1. Awe I love Jack! I hope the time goes by really fast so you can be with Jack! :)

    ReplyDelete