Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Olivia is 1 Month Old!!





I can't believe it! My sweet little stinker is 1 month old! What a dream mommyhood has been!

Olivia is a doll. She rarely cries and is super relaxed and laid back. I can take her anywhere (and I pretty much have). I'm still not sure how I got so lucky (or how we are related). ;)

Here are 10 facts about my little girl so far:
1. She falls asleep to the sound of the hairdryer. Every time.
2. She loves her swing and loves to look up at the mirror and rotating birdies.
3. She has a lot of gas. A LOT. If I had a penny for every time someone thinks she needs a diaper change, I'd be a sugar mama.
4. She loves when I sing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star". I'm sure she just likes the lyrics and not my singing but I'll take it.
5. She has big feet. The sasquatch does exist. ;)
6. She loves to be held and cuddled. And I don't like putting her down.
7. She sleeps wonderfully at night- usually somewhere between 5-7 hours. I usually feed her when she wakes up and we'll go right back to sleep. Thank goodness. It's like she knows me or something.
8. She is now an Aunt. (Story to come soon!!)
9. She smiles all the time and loves to pucker her lips (this surprisingly doesn't always correlate with point number 3 ;) )
10. She weighs more than 8 lbs. 12 oz. now. She's getting chunky!

Jason has been traveling for a couple of weeks now which has been hard. Not so much about caring for the baby but because I feel like he is missing her growing up. A little ridiculous, I know. I swear she looks different than what she looked like when he left though. He comes home on Thursday and we are both so excited to have him back!! Our little family will be complete again and I know Jack really can't wait!!

Being a Mom has been and is nothing short of amazing. All of the pain, sleepless nights (well not sleepless but if you know me, I require A LOT of sleep), time and energy is completely worth it!! I love everything about Olivia and am so lucky to have her in my life. As I write this, I can't stop watching her sleep peacefully. It is a kind of love that I have never known and that I couldn't imagine my life without. To say that I am blessed would be an understatement.

Who ever knew life could be so sweet?!

xx




No comments:

Post a Comment