Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Oktoberfest 2012

Saturday was the last day of Oktoberfest 2012 in Munich. Of course, Jason, Kaitlyn and I just had to go (oh, in case you didn't know Kaitlyn is Jason's daughter and she is in town for a visit. So fun!!) It ended up being perfect because we were invited to Jason's colleague's wedding in Munich on Friday night so we stayed the night and spent all of Saturday at Oktoberfest.

We woke up bright and early and took a short train ride to the festival. When we arrived, all (well, most) of my memories came flooding back at the great time I had last year at Oktoberfest with my best friend Jessica and her boyfriend Michael. I must have gotten a little too tipsy last year though because I had no idea there were so many rides. There were full blown roller coasters for crying out loud. How did I miss that?! Anyhow, after standing in line for a longgg time we finally made it into a tent. Success!! I am still shocked we got in being that it was so crowded. We were so happy when we did because the atmosphere is just so much fun. HERE is a short clip I took with my iPhone. It's a shame because you can't really tell that a band is in the center playing fun music and people were dancing on the tables. Jessica, you know what I mean! I seriously think that everyone has to go to Oktoberfest at least once in their lifetime. It is the biggest, craziest, most fun party ever. Plus, you get to get dressed up in dirndl and lederhosen. Does it get any better than that?! As we were leaving we walked around and the people watching was just amazing since there were so many drunk people stumbling all over the place. Then there was this hill where a ton of people laid and passed out (as you will see in a photo below). All in all, we had a great time together. What a great memory that I will never forget. I must say though, the highlight of my day was seeing Jason in his lederhosen. I should have taken a photo from the back. ;)






















Can't wait to go back again!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment