Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Foul Balls


I love softball. I started playing t-ball when I was 5 years old and I have played ever since. I played on the school team in middle school. I'm not sure why I never played on the team when I was in high school, but I have always played on rec leagues. I also played on my sorority intramural team in college. The past two years I have played at North Park in Alpharetta. At one point I played on a Wednesday and Thursday night league. That's how much I love it. The last team I played on was the Foul Balls (classy name, I know!). They took me in when certain circumstances made me leave the team I previously played on. A couple of weeks ago the spring signup began and I was extremely excited to play my last season before I retired. You see, I am moving to Singapore in June and am going for a month in April/May and wanted to get one last season in before I left. To my disappointment, not everyone from last season signed up and we didn't have enough people to play which meant that my game was cut short. I really am going to miss playing and maybe somewhere in Singapore there is an adult league. Just thinking of all the friends made and all the memories. I hate when another chapter in my life closes. But... I am very excited about the new one ahead! I guess I just have to come to grips that I am getting older and I am not a kid anymore. Maybe that's why they call them growing pains.

No comments:

Post a Comment