Friday, February 12, 2010

The beginning of my new life...


Well, I officially feel like the beginning of my new life starts today.

As a preface, I will let you know that Jason has been in Asia for almost 3 weeks now and I am missing him like crazy! He finally comes home tomorrow and I have never been so excited! He truly is my prince charming. He is so sweet and sent me gorgeous red roses to work yesterday for Valentine's Day. What a doll!

I don't think I have made this public on here yet, but Jason and I will be moving to Singapore for 7 months and then to Austria for 2 years. I know this is big news and we are sooo excited!

Anyway, yesterday he went around Singapore with a real estate agent and found our new home. His company will hopefully put an offer down on it next week sometime. Jason took many pictures and walked me right through it with his camera phone. It looks truly amazing and it is finally starting to feel real. I mean come on, pictures don't lie. ;)

Plans have somewhat changed and we are now going to Singapore for about a month in April/May. We will be returning for about two weeks for Luke and Kaitlyn's graduations. We will then head out for good around June 1. Time is already flying by and I know that it is going to be here before I know it, which is both scary and exciting at the same time.

Today, I pulled my supervisor aside and gave her my notice. I explained that my last day of work will be on March 11. How crazy is that?! I am so glad that I will have the opportunity to spend time with my family and friends before I leave. It is so crazy to think that I will never work again (unless I want to of course). I still can't wrap my head around that one.

It is truly amazing how life can change so quickly. I am not sure I have ever been this happy... and I wouldn't change a thing! So here's to new beginnings!

"Step out with me into the great unknown
The world's at our feet, let's make it our home
I'm looking at you with the stars up above
It must be true; we're falling in love."
~Alice Peacock

No comments:

Post a Comment