Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy New Year!!

I know I am a little late but Happy New Year nonetheless. I can't believe that it is already 2013! Where does the time go?! 

This year has already been crazy busy and if it is any indication as to what is in store for us this year, we are going to be in for one heck of a ride! This year is going to be full of blessings and I can't wait to see what is in store for us. I guess the biggest news of the year that I am now allowed to share is that Jason and I are going to be Grandparents again. Kaitlyn is pregnant with her first baby and is due just 6 short weeks after me.  Crazy, huh? We are all very excited that our family is growing even bigger. :)

Our move back home was anything BUT uneventful. Upon our arrival, Jason broke his kneecap at the airport. He tripped over a piece of luggage and fell right on his knee on concrete. God must really have a sense of humor because that is pretty much the last thing that we needed to add to our list of things to do when we got back. Fortunately he is ok and is in a brace (and not a cast) and will likely not need surgery. I didn't see the actual fall and figured he just bruised it or pulled something so poor guy still carried all the luggage, checked into our hotel, bought phones at Verizon and went with me to my parent's house before we decided to take him to urgent care. Ooops! I still feel terrible. I guess he should have cried or something. ;) I will tell you that Jason has the biggest pain tolerance of anyone I have met so props to him. Still not sure if that is a good thing or not at this point though. 

The very next day, Jason and I went looking for houses with Jenny. Poor Jason didn't even have his knee brace at the time and came along, broken knee and all (seriously, this man is amazing!). After looking at a dozen houses, we finally found the perfect fit for us. We put our application in and were able to celebrate Christmas a little less stressed. 

Christmas went by like a whirlwind. Sunday we celebrated our niece Isabelle's 1st birthday. Christmas Eve was spent at my parent's house with both mine and Jason's family. It was so nice to have our whole family all together! Then Christmas morning we were at my parent's house opening gifts in the morning and then went to Jason's sister's house to spend time with his family that afternoon. 



After all the Christmas craziness, we finally moved into our new place on Friday, Dec. 28. Thank goodness we have such great family and friends who helped us move since Jason wasn't able to do very much and I am not supposed to lift anything too heavy. I keep joking that Jason planned on breaking his knee so he didn't have to work too hard with the move. ;) In all seriousness though, it is so good to finally be in our place! I still have a lot of work to do and we are still waiting on our stuff from Austria but what a relief it is to have one more thing checked off our list. 


On Sunday the 30th, Jason and I went to our first Falcons game together. It was so nice to get out and just relax, just the two of us on a date. I was starting to get a cold and the Falcons ended up losing but it was still a blast! 



New Year's Eve was not exciting at all. That morning I woke up with a full on, terrible cold. I went to the doctor and got put on antibiotics and was out of it from my meds and was just feeling crummy all day. We stayed home for the night and Jason got some BBQ from my parent's house and brought it home for dinner while I was just miserable. I fell asleep on the couch around 8:30pm and woke up at 11:57pm, just in time to watch the ball drop. We cleaned up a bit and went to bed. I knew this year wasn't going to be too exciting since I am pregnant but that is just not what I had in mind. Oh well!! 


New Year's Day we spent at my friend Jessica's. She had several friends over and it was so good to finally catch up with them. Afterwards, Jason went back to the house to play on his Xbox from Santa while I visited with my family for a bit. I still wasn't feeling the best but it was good to get out for a bit. 

The rest of the time we have been home, Jason has been working and I have been shopping for things around the house and trying to get everything organized. Little by little it is all coming together. I can't wait to be finished! 


We had a wonderful weekend this weekend too! I am so sad that it is already over. We finally got internet at the house yesterday (hence my lack of posts). Then today we went to church this morning and bought my car this afternoon. We go to pick it up this week and I am super excited. :)


Overall, things have been slowly calming down and we are getting into somewhat of a routine. Life is good and we are so blessed that everything has fallen into place so far. So there ya have it folks! That's what we've been up to. I promise to write more often now that we have the internet and I have more free time. 

Until then, Happy New Year sweet friends. I hope 2013 is filled with love and joy for you and your family and that this year is even better than the last!! Much love!! xx






2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you, too! What a crazy way to finish the year! I hope Jason feels better now - poor guy!! Sending best wishes from Freilassing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sweet girl. I assume (or maybe just hope) that the move back is to Atlanta-area? I really hope to see you soon! Great blog. - Gigi

    ReplyDelete