Friday, August 14, 2009

Heels or no heels, that is the question...

I have decided, as I do about once a week, that I am going to try to get back into the habit of running again (and working out for that matter). Due to my plantar fasciitis, I was not supposed to run for a while. After several shots in the bottom of both feet and several unsuccessful doctor visits, I have decided that I am going to fight through the pain so I can maybe run the half marathon I've been wanting to run on Thanksgiving morning. I just signed up for a 5k next month, and so the training begins.

How did I get plantar fasciitis you ask? I get teased by co-workers on a daily basis as to why I should not be wondering why my feet hurt. They then point down at the cute heels I am wearing that day. This is a dilemma you see. If you know me, you know that I live in heels (and LOVE shoes!). I could wear them to bed if I had to. In fact, I think I have once or twice. Although this is probably not THE reason why I have plantar fasciitis, it doesn't help the cause. The doc prescribed me night splints to wear and they look absolutely ridiculous and they are uber uncomfortable! You are supposed to wear them while you are sleeping. That lasted half a night a couple nights in a row. I kept waking up in the morning only to find them on the floor.

So the question remains: Heels or no heels?

I think by the pic you can guess what I chose ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment