Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Hiatus

As you may (or may not) have noticed, I took a bit of a hiatus from my blog. I could easily say it is because I've been busy with the baby, or that we've been away on holiday or that we are just beginning to settle into our new home in Singapore. But since day one I have always said that this blog is an honest representation of my (our) lives and I fully intend to keep it that way. It is the REAL life of an expat wife, after all. So this is really why I have really taken a break…

I have come to a bit of a crossroads while writing this blog. I have come to the realization that it is way more public than I thought it would become. Several people have googled my name and this blog has come up on the search. Although flattering, it also makes me realize that what I write has an impact on all those around me who are apart of my life. That is a lot of pressure, especially because I don't want to sugarcoat things or hurt anyones feelings with any of my opinions in the process. And this blog is just that, my opinion and my take on my life and experiences. This blog is a representation of my feelings and life in the moment, not what others "think" I should say or feel. I guess maybe I need to write a fine print on my home page because it is never my intention to hurt anyones feelings with my writings (or lack thereof). Nothing in particular happened to come to this epiphany. I just feel an overwhelming sense of responsibility because I am friends with people from all over the world, in all different cultures, and don't want anyone to have hurt feelings. So why don't I just keep this blog private? Well, I believe that some of our experiences would be beneficial to more people than just my friends- to the common traveler.

I have also found that I miss my writing. It is so hard for people to stay caught up with our lives back "home" because I don't have the luxury to call my friends or family for a quick chat to catch them up with what is going on in our lives. And I also miss how much a stress reliever it had become.

So here I am, back at the drawing board. I have so much to say and I'm not sure where to start so please bear with me. The next few posts may not be in order but I am going to try to stop being a perfectionist and just write.

More to come soon…

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment