Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Palm Sunday in Salzburg

This year is the first year we have participated in Palm Sunday in Salzburg. Last year I was home, busy with wedding planning. It's crazy that it's already been a year!

Palm Sunday (and Easter of course) is celebrated all throughout Salzburg. In the markets, there are various items that you can purchase for these occasions such as palms, colored eggs, and many other decorations.

On Saturday, Jason and I went to the market to buy some flowers for our balcony (I'm so Euro ;) ) and a palm for the Palm Sunday Service at St. Andre.

The next morning we attended the Blessing of the Palms in Mirabell Court, with our good friends Segolene, Tait and their gorgeous daughter Leopoldine, which was followed by the Palm Sunday service at St. Andre. Although all of it was in German, it was still a lovely service and you could still feel the Lord's presence, of course.

My favorite thing about Palm Sunday in Salzburg is that the palms are decorated in gorgeous detail. Some people make their own palm (as Sego did with the eggs) and others buy them at the market, like Jason and I did. If we are still here next year I will be sure to make my own now that I know what they look like.

Overall, it was a gorgeous morning and I am so glad that we were able to go to mass!











After church, Jason and went to a cafe for a lovely coffee and tea. I bet you can guess who got what. ;)

In the afternoon, we met some friends for some beer and grub at Pflegerbrucke for a nice Sunday lunch. We are so grateful to have such wonderful friends in Salzburg.











 What a lovely day it was!! xx



1 comment: