Friday, March 30, 2012

My Favorite Little Guy

I had the pleasure to be able to go back to the States from March 10 through March 27. Jason was traveling in Asia and had the chance to meet me in the States for one week while he was to attend meetings. We had a lovely time. I spent most of my time with my family and close friends. Our schedule is always very hectic when we are back so I am sorry if we didn't have a chance to get together or if you didn't even know we were there. Don't worry, we will be back a couple more times this year.

While we were home, I spent as much time as possible with my little nephew, Nathan, who is 2. My fear is that he will not really know me like my brothers who see him all the time. So when I am back, we do fun things like slumber parties, going to the zoo and going for walks to the park.

It is a bummer to be so far away during this fun age. Everytime we come back he has some new "trick" to show off. For instance, now he is talking non-stop and says the funniest things. It's crazy to know that we've lived outside of the country since he was just 3 months old. It's sad that I mostly have to see him grow up through Skype on the "puter" and in pictures. Being away from my family and close friends is definitely the biggest challenge living so far away. But, I am very thankful to be welcomed home with open arms and hearts. I really am super lucky and thankful for the experience we are so blessed to have. And, as always, I am grateful for the time I get to spend with everyone when we get to visit.

Here are some pictures that Nathan and I took when we woke up from our first slumber party:






One of the days I was home my brother Aaron, Mom, Nathan and I went to the zoo. It was a blast. It was especially fun to see Nathan's face when he saw all the animals. He is too darn cute!!











One day I also took Nathan for a walk to the park in the neighborhood. We had so much fun!! Seriously, could he get any cuter? He is going to be a little heart breaker!











Nathan is going to be a big brother to Liliana who is due to arrive in the next week or so. It stinks that I will not be there at the hospital to greet her but I can't wait to meet her in June. I am very thankful to have been able to spend so much time with Nathan one last time before he is a big brother. I just love being an Aunt!!

xx







No comments:

Post a Comment